Re: [Paparazzi-devel] FunJet Updates

From: gwen hastings
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] FunJet Updates
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 23:00:59 -0700

Hi Matt,
the hot setup and for max lightness appears to be the 300-500w Micro Dan 2505 Speed and you get ahold of Micro Dan for a custom wind at rcgroups.com. 32 grams(also search or the microdan and funjet thread at rcgroups..) the Justgofly 500T and TH weigh in at 68g with the same power potential and same price.. 59.95.

the 35g or so saved means more payload capacity.. or battery capacity or less wing loading and better low speed performance. depending on whether the weight savings are kept or the weight saved repurposed.

on the other end are the ebay chinese brushless motors..(which I will use in the moviestart where weight is not quite so critical.. also have heard that fiberglassing the funjet reduces the floatability because of increased wing loading)

     gwen
ps just found the crystal for the unpotted berg4 dspII I have in the shag carpet. :) btw after careful deliberation I am going to ask for a medium hot wind of 400W(depending on prop used) and have been looking at variable pitch props(at 69.95) and this: :)

https://www.unitedhobbies.com/community/forum_posts.asp?TID=839&PID=4704

vectored thrust on a funjet... :)
paypal issues now resolved..

Matthew Currie wrote:
Group,

I made an order from my favorite supplier one province tonight:

Castle Creations Phoenix 35 ESC (with fixed endpoints)
Castle Creations USB Link (to use above fixed endpoints)
Medusa Power Analyzer II (Wattmeter, up to 100A)
2x LiPower Lites 2100 mAh 18C 3S1P 11.1V
Berg Microstamp 4L & Crystal

I began painting the Funjet with "Pumpkin Orange" Krylon Fusion spray paint intended for plastics. It looks pretty good, will accent the scheme with black and it should suit a research craft with high visibility.

I now need to select a motor, I have been tossing a lot of part numbers around but have yet to commit. If anyone has a recommendation I would love to hear it. Most experience online is biased towards extreme power and unlimited vertical performance.

Once I select a motor I will be airborne quickly :)

Cheers,
Matthew Currie