Re: [Fwd: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] USB converter problem...]

From: Alexis Lussier Desbiens
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] USB converter problem...]
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 15:25:11 -0700

Ok guys, I found the problem thanks to the help of a few peoples on the forum. It wasn't a permission problem as Ubuntu Feisty already has the right permission set!

The problem was that brltty (a braille reader installed in ubuntu Feisty) was interfering with the FDTI USB-RS232-3V3 converter... By looking at dmesg I was getting a few lines like:

usb 1-2: usbfs: process 3719 (brltty) did not claim interface 0 before use

So just type :

"sudo apt-get remove brltty" and reboot... now I got the download of the bootloader working!! SWEET!!!

As long as you don't rely on a USB-Braille machine it should work! :-)

    Alexis