[Paparazzi-devel] 24c3-telemetry-protocoll

From: Marcus Wolschon
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] 24c3-telemetry-protocoll
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 19:08:13 +0100

Hello everyone,

I want to do experiments with advanced telemetry over IP.
I already have a paparazzi3-patch that adds a new target
"linux" building paparazzi as a usermode-program for a
Linux-based airborne computer.
Now I want to implement the uart-emulation for it to
communication to the ground-station.

On the 24c3 I saw telemetry being passed via TCP/IP
ove the internet. Where can I find the protocoll-specification
and the ground-station -code for it, so I can use the existing
ground-station-code and just implement the airborne-code
to directly speak this protocoll?

I'll am also writing another emulated uart to create a
tcp-connection to gpsd and act like it is a directly attached
gps-receiver while in fact it is the gpsd that also serves
gps-data to the payload and creates a local nmea or gpx
-log inside the aircraft and keeps the local clock correct.

Thank you.