[Paparazzi-devel] Tiny 2

From: Uttam Chandrashekhar
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny 2
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 18:33:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi guys,

Thanks to Pascal for all the off line help he's been providing me, and the others for listening to all my problems! I have the entire system mounted in a test airframe now. I have a TX with a 3 pos switch now. I have also made sure of the IR SIGNS, and it's +ve at the right and rear.  Here's the problem:

When I power up and turn to Auto1, even with me not around, the servos move in random directions, very small rapid, repetitive movements, almost like jitter. IR values in the messages are very stable. Even inside the house, when I tilt the plane, roll and yaw, I see corresponding changes in the IR values, but these changes are not being translated into servo movements. If it were jitter/noise, shouldn't the IR values also reflect the jitter? Like last time, with the modem on a high power, the IR values were jumping. That's not the case now.

Also, no matter how far away I am from the plane, when I switch from Manual to Auto1, the servos change centering and get biased always. There is a change in the center values when I move from Manual to Auto1, and this change is clearly visible in the ACTUATOR messages. What do I do to ensure centering? What do you think is the cause of the servos rapid, small movements? The servo I am using is a BMS 303, not the best, but reasonably good. One of the servos get pretty hot. All servos are limitied to within 1-2ms. Centering and movement is good in manual mode.

I haven't connected the throttle channel, but in the messages, I suddenly see throttle getting from 1000ms to values like 1800ms and back to 1000ms.

-Thanks,
Uttam