Re: Re: [Paparazzi-de =?ISO-8859-1?Q?vel] NMEA setup for P?= aparzzi Aut

From: martin
Subject: Re: Re: [Paparazzi-de =?ISO-8859-1?Q?vel] NMEA setup for P?= aparzzi Autopilot
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:41:36 +0100 (CET)

Marcus,

> these are all valid reasons to use the ublox but
> no reasons to forbid using other receivers.
>
> As far as I understand it, paparazzi is a hardware-
> independent auto-pilot and >2 reference-hardware
> -platforms. Thus limiting yourself to only one specific
> sensor is indeed a shortcomming. It certainly is not
> a feature.
> You may prefer and recomment one specific sensor
> but if there is a standard-interface (as with nmea or I2C)
> the software in SVN should contain the code and
> documentation to use this standard.

Forbid? I tried to explain why things are the way they are. This does
not mean that it has to stay like this. If there is a better receiver
solution, please post it! There seems to be some code to use NMEA and
it would be interesting to see flight test data with other receivers.
Just be aware that changing the GPS receiver is a big change in the
entire system that has to be considered well.

Martin