[Paparazzi-devel] Tiny 2.11 Battery voltage

From: Yves Touchette
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny 2.11 Battery voltage
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:47:24 -0400

Hi list!

I recently completed the assembly of my first tiny 2.11 board and I started testing it.

I used the funjet1.xml airframe file as an example configuration.

I quickly noticed that the telemetry was reporting the battery at 8.3V while I had my power supply set at 11.3V.

I started digging into the code and I realized that the default VoltageOfAdc had the same factor in the tiny_2_1.xml as the one in tiny_1_1.h. Yet the voltage divider isn't the same.

I used the resistor values that are published in the wiki (R1=10K, R2=1.5K). I think the default configuration doesn't match the resistor values that's on the wiki.

I added this line in my airframe file:

<define name="VoltageOfAdc(adc)" value="(0.02438419911 * adc)"/>

That has solved the problem but I get a bunch of warning about VoltageOfAdc beeing defined twice.

So I removed it and I changed tiny_2_1.h file to avoid the warnings.

Unless I'm missing something, I think that the tiny_2_1.h file should be updated.

Regards,

-yvest

Express yourself with free Messenger emoticons. Get them today!