Re: [Paparazzi-devel] SMT IR sensors?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] SMT IR sensors?
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:45:19 GMT

Wow, great find Uttam!  I beleive the "5.5um long pass filter" will allow
everything longer (like the 8-12um we are interested in) and block anything
shorter, like light.  Exactly what we want.

These are certainly small and have a great 120 deg FOV and similar sensitivity
to what we typically use (42uV/K).  The small analog version would need the
same mounting and circuitry that we currently use but the digital (TPMI)
version could potentially be mounted individually.  Martin has been doing some
flight testing of the larger PerkinElmer TPMI module and may chime in with his
results so far.

The bad news is that PerkinElmer released Martin's TPMI module years ago but
initially wanted $60/ea in large quantites.  It wasn't until more recently that
he was able to get them at a reasonable price, and still I think they are quite
difficult to find/purchase.
Stop foreclosure.  Click here to stay in your home and rebuild credit.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3meXwkqx5OWXJf18icxLPg4Iim2w0tvbutYFm5JZVCtssXJ7/
Hi guys,

Just last night I was thinking of SMT IR Thermopiles, and a google resulted in this:

http://optoelectronics.perkinelmer..com/content/RelatedLinks/PRD_SMDThermopileFamily.pdf

It's pretty small, just 4mm*4mm. The PDF says 5.5mM Cut-on wavelength. What is Cut-on Wavelength? Cut's off everything under 5.5mM?

-Uttam