[Paparazzi-devel] throttle settings for turbine powered paparazzi equipp

From: chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] throttle settings for turbine powered paparazzi equipped plane?
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 18:37:17 +0200

Hi.
First of all have a happy new year with health for all.
To my question now...
I am getting ready to fly a turbine powered Paparazzi equipped jet
and i need to ask a question before the actual take off
( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851820&page=63 )
This is not my first paparazzi equipped plane but all the previous had electric power plants and i am unsure about the throttle settings. The wiki says that a simple variable is needed in order to set the idle/kill setting but i don't know if setting the <servo name="THROTTLE" no="2" min="950" neutral="1100" max="2050"/> will be enough or something else/more is needed. Maybe i should set the "min" setting to the idle value of 1100 ms also just to be sure that the
turbine will not shut down accidentally?
Also i would like to ask if setting the
<define name="THROTTLE_SLEW" value="5.0"/>
will notify the autopilot that the turbine has slow acceleration so
it won't make fast pitch changes as it takes 5 seconds to get from idle to full power.
Thank you very much.
Chris Efstathiou