[Paparazzi-devel] power supply to the servos using an external source

From: chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] power supply to the servos using an external source
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:30:45 +0300

I forgot to add that my standard practice now is to
first construct a standard servo header pcb like the one the receivers have
for standard servo plugs using a piece of prototyping pcb piece
and connect the servo signal and ground only pins from the paparazzi board to the
mentioned header.
Then i just connect either the ESC's servo plug to the servo header and provide power to all servos from the ESC or connect an external battery or high amp switcjng bec to one unused
servo position on the servo header.
This way i avoid high currents through the paparazzi board which has rather fine traces. Also i agree that connecting a high power or any video transmitter to the power used for the paparazzi and the receiver is not a good idea at all.
Hope i helped somewhat.
Chris