Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Does the modem i nterfere with 2G4 rad =?ISO-

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Does the modem i nterfere with 2G4 rad =?ISO-8859-1?Q?ios??=
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 09:07:23 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

guess things are getting a little more complex with 2.4GHz. It will
never be like having the safe feeling of having your frequencies clip on
your antenna.

We did a test with seventeen "various brands" 2.4GHz aircrafts and a
XBee Series 1 controlled Paparazzi operated at the same time. There was
no issue for anyone, no packet loss - but this does not prove anything.

While I've not seen _radio_ interferene between 2.4GHz and the fatuba - I have had the later stop operating when it was powered from the same mains as the laptop and the 2.4Ghz ZBee groundstation connected to it. A check with the osciolloscope in FFT mode shows a lot of 40-100Mhz cruft from the various clocks in the computer/usb/etc. I've added two ferrite coil (to laptop and fatuba power on the low DC side) and removed the many ground loops/mess - and have not had that problem since.

Thanks,

Dw