Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS problem

From: Uttam Chandrashekhar
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS problem
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:32:13 +0530 (IST)

It changes to the new baud rate, infact, it works all right for some time and then, after turning power off and reconnecting after a while, it's lost all settings. It gets a fix at 38400, but does not remember the settings. The 3D accuracy is rather poor, about 8mts. At the same location, by previous Tiny gives me accuracy of about 3mts.

After I wait a while and power on, U-center is just dead, at baud 38400, but the moment I change to 9600, everything light up on screen and I get a 3D fix, but with all default settings. I thought it could be bad firmware ( 5.01 ), but when I try upgrading firmware, it says flash identification file not found and completes in just 4 secs, the wiki says be prepaired to wait a long time! SO I wonder if it's a defective GPS module?

-Thanks
Uttam