Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Several Issues about Purchasing Paparazzi Hardwar

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Several Issues about Purchasing Paparazzi Hardware
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 10:20:20 +1000

Since you asked for my views, I'll give them, but please understand
that I am still a Paparazzi novice.

wrt: purchasing paparazzi hardware, contact PPZUAV.com; export
restriction based delays are a project risk for you but if you start
early (now) I expect you will be fine.

wrt: electric Sig Rascal 110, seems like an appropriate airframe for
paparazzi so long as you can store it and transport it. Similar to the
Senior Telemaster which has a good record. Have you considered making
a petrol one first (now) for your build team and safety pilots to
practice with (just RC) while you do the desk work on paparazzi and
payloads? Unless you have a _lot_ of batteries, you might maximize
this aspect of your preparation with a petrol rig. It would be a shame
to destroy your UAV with pilot error or structural problem in 3.5
months...

wrt: IMU/thermopiles; I've never used an IMU, happy with thermopiles
for now (I fly relatively stable fixed-wing craft, and not in
canyons).

Chris Gough