Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ARM Cortex-M4

From: Piotr Esden-Tempski
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ARM Cortex-M4
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 02:01:00 -0700

Ahh, ok good to know. I thought that you may have found a way of using the
stlink or some other way of programming it using SWD.

One programmer that I really love for stm32 is the Black Magic Probe
http://www.blacksphere.co.nz/main/blackmagic it sadly does not support the f2
and f4 chips yet. But as far as I know Gareth is working on it. It skips the
openocd and you connect using gdb directly to the programmer. It is incredibly
fast and throws segfaults if you drop into an exception that I never got this
functionality working in openocd, so BMP saved me a lot of time.

I have a Versallon somewhere I may give it a go.

I also found https://github.com/whitequark/stlink and I am about to try it.
Sadly it only works on linux, it would be nice if it worked on Mac OS X too. ^^

Thanks for the info.

Cheers Esden