Re: [Paparazzi-devel] www.jobyrobotics.com

From: Piotr Esden-Tempski
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] www.jobyrobotics.com
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 10:23:26 +0100

Hi everyone,

I can confirm that the Joby Robotics website is down because of server issues.
The shop was running on Antoine's server and he doesn't have time to get it
back up and running because he is very busy with his PhD at the moment.

I have no idea when Joby Robotics will go back online. There may be more news
on that in January when Antoine has more time on his hands.

Colin was running the Joby Robotics sales and fulfillment, but he is now
working on another project most of the time.

I co-founded my own startup, Transition Robotics, in order to design, build,
and sell the Quadshot (http://theQuadshot.com), which is designed around
Paparazzi-compatible Open Source hardware and software. We at Transition
Robotics are creating updated autopilot hardware, and will release a new
autopilot called Lia. We are queuing up production runs of Lisa/M v2.0 and
Aspirin v2.0 and they will be available in our own online shop in the first
quarter of 2012.

Finally, to remove all doubt, we don't have any dispute with Antoine or Joby
Robotics, we are just overworked with other projects. :-)

I hope that answers at least a few of the questions. Sorry everyone for any
confusion or doubt. I really hope that everything including easy access to
Paparazzi compatible hardware will be smooth very soon.

Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Cheers, Piotr Esden-Tempski