Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Issue with Body_to_Imu and DCM

From: Loic Drumettaz
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Issue with Body_to_Imu and DCM
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:18:06 +0100

Felix,

Do you confirm that int_cmpl_euler ahrs algorithm also handles correctly BODY_TO_IMU rotation? More generaly speaking, what are the differences between int_cmpl_euler and int_cmpl_quat? If i understand correctly http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Subsystem/ahrs, int_cmpl_quat offers more options: low pass filter on rotational velocity, mag update yaw only, local magnetic fied correction. Are both algorithms running at the same frequency?
I have tried both algorithms but I find it difficult to decide which one works the best on my quad. Any tips or recommendations?

Regards,
Loïc

Chris,

float_dcm is currently the only ahrs algorithm that which does not take BODY_TO_IMU into account properly (if you are using the dev branch, which you are).
So you don't have this issue, since you are using ahrs int_cmpl_quat.
See https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/issues/93

Felix