Re: [Paparazzi-devel] module period accuracy ???

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] module period accuracy ???
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:42:35 +0300

Hi Christophe
I will try the voltage measurement because LIsa might have many serial ports but
the tx pins that are needed are used for usb i think.
The timer interupt method looks promishing so i need to check chdk performance with a pulse generator at work first just to be sure.
CHDK has a resolution of 10ms so pulses of 50ms for taking picture,
100ms for zoom in and 150ms for zoom out should be easy to distiguish.
CHDK detects when the usb power is on and then when the power (5v)
is removed it reports back the pulse width
I will also recheck the code because if we are talking about 20-30ms off maximum
then it should work fine.
You know the difference between theory and practice :-)

"Theory is where you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is where everything works but nobody knows why.
In my lab we combined both Theory and Practice, nothing works and nobody knows why."

Meanwhile i use the pulse count mode which works fine and
after some tweaking is very reliable and not unacceptably slow after all.
Of course i use a 3.3v to 5v level converter to drive chdk from the LED output for safety.
Chris