Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Need for helo to develop a subsystem

From: bruno jouvencel
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Need for helo to develop a subsystem
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 18:41:21 +0200

Hi Felix

We will work with last version of paparazzi and thank for all your précisions.

Our module based on sonar i2c works well.

How let us can be shared our work to the community of so you think that it has an interest

cheers, bruno
Hi Bruno,

first off: please always use the master branch for adding new functionality.

Thank you Felix for your information about the structure of paparazzi.

We began by creating a module to manage sonars with i2c bus.

Some remaks with paparazzi 5.0.3

This is not even the latest stable version... the latest is v5.0.4 and the v5.0 branch has some more fixes but I haven't tagged a v5.0.5 yet.
I also just backported some fixes for the create_module tool.

1) to obtain a frequency of 20hz we have to declare 80hz in mysonar.xml file? Paparazi divides by four the value??

That should not be the case IF the periodic function you call with that frequency results in a new measurement every time...
If the periodic function results in a new measurement every fourth time, then of course you have to set a periodic freq 4 times as high as the desired output rate.
Observer however that it can't be higher than the main PERIODIC_FREQUENCY.

2) the script create_module write to the tag corresponding to header files
   <file file ="name of file.h"
the good declaration is <file name="name of file.h", It is necessary to correct the file xml!!

Was already fixed in master, backported to the v5.0 branch now...

3) To communicate with the bus i2c, we took as example the barometer of the lisa. We test the variable i2c_idle to know if we can reach the bus. I do not know if it is necessary because, in others modules (gpsi2c ,..) this test is not realized.

As I tried to explain in the previous mail, testing i2c_idle should not be necessary. i2c_transceive will add a transaction to the queue and you then check the transaction status in the event loop to see when it was successful (or failed).

Today our module works well so , we are going to begin to work on a subsystem to control our airplane to realize a path tracking. I hope that your information will help me.

Cheers, Felix