Re: [Paparazzi-devel] add a AOA sensor

From: Mike
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] add a AOA sensor
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 07:47:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi H.G. de Marina,
       I am very glad to see your answer! Recently I am studying a article
of yours in EI,
The article is "UAV Attitude Estimation Using Unscented Kalman Filter and
TRIAD",
And now I also study GNC of UAV based paparazzi with apogee v1.0;
My aim is to design a Online trajectory generation algorithm and embed it
into apogee.
I have some problems about my project; I need your help:
       First, I want to set a simulink model of the whole system with my
vehicle,
so I need a model of the dynamic of my vehicle;
what kind of process do I use to obtain the aerodynamic coefficients /
aircraft model?
use xflr5 or CEASIOM? Which is better?
Here is my aircraft:
                          <http://lists.paparazziuav.org/file/n15346/1.png>
                         Full length: 1180mm
                         Wingspan: 1900mm
                         Cabin space: 172mm high * 280mm * 60mm width length
                         Maximum Takeoff Weight: 2.5kg

      Second, I want to add a AOA sensor to get the angle of attack data,
How to craft my own "home made" AoA sensor? Is there a Schematics of it?

Mike
Thanks