Re: [Paparazzi-devel] What does the effect of feedforward(DD gain) in ro

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] What does the effect of feedforward(DD gain) in rotorcraft configuration
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 16:15:52 +0200

Hi,

the DD gain is a feedforward gain on the reference angular acceleration.
Meaning if you have a change in (reference) angular velocity (decreasing/increasing turn rate), then you can feed that to the motors.
So first you should set a roughly matching reference: basically a copter with faster turn rate has lower omega (natural frequency of the second order ref model).

Cheers, Felix