[Paparazzi-devel] [Fwd: Re: How to solve the radio control delay ? Corre

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] [Fwd: Re: How to solve the radio control delay ? Correction]
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 09:53:24 +0200

Dear Eltonwu,

i notice that the screen shot  are in a wrong order  on my mail send before:

I made same bench test with the radio commands and the reaction of the internal commands in RATE- and ATT_RC- mode.

The first screen shot showes the situation in RATE mode.
A great differential part is given when the stick moves. The commands can bee positive while the stick has a negative position.

The next screen shot showes the situation in ATT_RC  mode.
A differential part is given when the stick moves. The commands can bee positive while the stick has a negative position.

The next two screen shot showes the delay of 0.5s by the stick commands to switch the motor on and of. This can generate dangers situations. Other projects use the left for motor on and the right posituation for motor off. commands without a delay.

Regads

Heinrich

Eltonwu schrieb:

   I use the ATT_RC mode to fly the rotorcraft. I found the radio control
has a little delay when control the craft's attitude.For example,when I push
the stick up,the craft changes it's attitude after about 200ms.When I
release the stick,the craft recover horizontality after about 200ms.
   Does anyone know how to solve this problem or encounter this problem? Is
it a PID tuning problem?

   Thanks in advance.