Re: [Paparazzi-devel] basic pprz issues

From: Robert
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] basic pprz issues
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 04:29:54 -0700 (MST)

Hi Simon

Thanks a lot for clarifying this !

Simon Liebold wrote
>> - IR sensors seem still to be supported. Can they be combined with
>> IMUs - or is only one of them possible at a time?
> I could be wrong here: I believe it will switch to a different kind of
> attitude control if a IMU is available. This will also take a roll rate
> into account. You will want that because it reacts much quicker.

Yes, I found (older) configurations (tiny 1.1 and 2) with IR-sensors and
only one (1)  additional roll rate axis gyro (ADXRS300). So the roll axis is
being taken account of.

Other configs feature no more IRs but a simple Sparkfun IMU named SEN-10121,
consisting of a combo of ITG3200 and ADXL345.

Dont know which one to choose for my first setup with a YAPA2...

Thanks
Bob