Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Feasability of ardrone with paparazzi for surveill

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Feasability of ardrone with paparazzi for surveillance
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 17:58:39 +0100

Hi,

reliability of the ARDrone is not great, mostly due to some bugs in the firmware of the navboard that we have no control over.
There are some heuristics in the Paparazzi code that gets navdata packets from the board to try to filter out erroneous or switched magnetometer and sonar data, but as it is just a heuristic it's not 100% reliable.
Nothing we can really do about this...

The Bebop should be much more reliable as it doesn't have a navboard with closed firmware on it anymore and all sensors are directly accessible (by Paparazzi).

Hope that helps,
Felix