[Paparazzi-devel] telemetry over wifi?

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] telemetry over wifi?
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 02:20:15 +0200

Hi.

Is it possible to use a wifi connection in order to get the telemetry instead of a modem?

I am planning to use an ESP8266 from my rc transmitter in order to transfer the telemetry from the tx module serial port to my laptop, the full path is airplane-> rc receiver-> tx module inside the rc transmitter and then to an ESP8266 and finally to my laptop.

So far the link works very well but i have to connect my tx module's (fitted to the rc transmitter) serial port  to my laptop using a FTDI cable which i want to replace with a esp8266.

Chris