bug when ssh host reports "REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!"

From: Jaap Eldering
Subject: bug when ssh host reports "REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!"
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 10:46:31 +0200

Hi,

I ran into the following behavior:

$ cat foo.txt | parallel --sshlogin $MYHOST --filter-hosts  --dryrun echo {}
::: a b
parallel: This should not happen. You have found a bug.
Please contact <parallel@gnu.org> and include:
* The version number: 20161222
* The bugid: host check too many col0: devcronapp-02    IT IS POSSIBLE THAT
SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
* The command line being run
* The files being read (put the files on a webserver if they are big)

If you get the error on smaller/fewer files, please include those instead.

The file foo.txt is attached (trivial two lines). The variable $MYHOST in my
case is an SSH host alias which when I log in to it, reports:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that a host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
SHA256:vKymg/7J3Vux8K8/fYuS/gjCvyS93+xyEcpbfWR2Y5k.
Add correct host key in /home/jeldering/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this
message.

I realize that this is something I should fix, and I don't know whether this is
considered a bug in parallel, but just reporting it here. Let me know if
there's any other information else I can provide.

Best,
Jaap