platform-testers

[platform-testers] new snapshot available: grep-3.4-almost.26-5419

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: [platform-testers] new snapshot available: grep-3.4-almost.26-5419
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 21:49:36 -0700

Here's another pre-release snapshot.

Thanks to everyone who has been testing and fixing issues with
the preceding one. Pretty many issues have been addressed
already, though clearly some still remain.

If you find time to test, please send results, both successes
and failures to platform-testers@gnu.org or grep-devel@gnu.org.

grep snapshot:
  https://meyering.net/grep/grep-ss.tar.xz      1.6 MB
  https://meyering.net/grep/grep-ss.tar.xz.sig
  https://meyering.net/grep/grep-3.4-almost.26-5419.tar.xz

Changes in grep since 3.4-almost.19-ff30:

Jim Meyering (5):
      maint: keep two blank lines before each old Noteworthy line.
      maint: avoid syntax-check failure
      tests: add coverage for code that emits the new diagnostic
      tests: make new test executable, to placate distcheck
      build: update gnulib to latest

Paul Eggert (2):
      Suppress "Binary file FOO matches" if -I
      Send "Binary file FOO matches" to stderr

Changes in gnulib since 3.4-almost.19-ff30:

* gnulib 91e8dccc3...98aff1ca8 (9):
  > signalblocking: simplify and remove gl_SILENT
  > sigprocmask: Fix configuration failure on Solaris 10 (regr. 2020-07-25).
Part 2.