poke-devel

[RFC] Removing generated sources from .gitignore

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: [RFC] Removing generated sources from .gitignore
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2021 11:33:07 +0200

Hi people!

We have the following generated-sources listed in .gitignore:

  /libpoke/pkl-asm.pkc
  /libpoke/pkl-gen.pkc
  /libpoke/pkl-lex.c
  /libpoke/pkl-lex.h
  /libpoke/pkl-tab.c
  /libpoke/pkl-tab.h
  /libpoke/pvm-vm.h
  /libpoke/pvm-vm1.c
  /libpoke/pvm-vm2.c
  /poke/pk-map-lex.c
  /poke/pk-map-lex.h
  /poke/pk-map-tab.c
  /poke/pk-map-tab.h

Now, since we follow the GCS, these files are generated in srcdir and
not builddir.

I find it annoying that the gitignores are making these generated files
sort of "invisible".  If there are generated files in the source tree, I
want to see them listed in `Untracked files'.

So I propose to remove these entries from .gitignore.  Opinions?