pspp-users

Re: CTABLES

From: Matthias Faeth
Subject: Re: CTABLES
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 17:10:11 +0100

Why not use Frans very good examples and blog to get fluent in Ctables again?

https://www.morewithdata.net/blog/20221030-ctables-exercises-part-i.html

Matthias

Am Fr., 9. Feb. 2024 um 12:25 Uhr schrieb ft gmail <public.ftr@gmail.com>:

Hi,

I am really glad the PSPP crew published the CTABLES procedure. Thank you, I used the forerunner of  CTABLES in SPSS many years ago (during the last century 😉), but have lost my fluency in us and now want to re-use this very helpful procedure.

I  look for good examples. I did not find video tutorials for PSPP CTABLES. The old SPSS manuals psuh you to use the GUI. Where should I look ?

I prefer to work with syntax to produce reproducible procedures, but sometimes use the GUI, too. When trying to use the CTABLES GUI in Analyze > Tables I can only drag (one or several) ordinal variables into the row bar but no variables, no matter which measurement level, into the column bar. What's happening ?

My last question : how to produce a CTABLES table with ordinal variables as columns & rows , i.e. independent variables, and a summary measure for a scale variable as a dependent variable in the center of the table ? Something like

CTABLES /TABLES weight [means] by agegroup by gender

Any help appreciated.

- ftr