qemu-arm

Re: [qemu-arm-static] timer_delete issue from Qemu 5.0.0 onwards

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [qemu-arm-static] timer_delete issue from Qemu 5.0.0 onwards
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 10:30:16 +0100

On Tue, 19 Jul 2022 at 23:09, Jon Alduan <jon.alduan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Peter,
>
> I compiled the latest Qemu version with standard options. I did it for the
> dynamic qemu-arm option.
> Anyway, I get the same result.
> If you do not provide the -L option to qemu-arm, where are the arm-libs which
> it does need to run?
> i.e. qemu-arm: Could not open '/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3': No such file or
> directory

I build the guest binary with -static, so it does not need any
arm libraries: the executable is completely self-contained.

> Which ld and libc version are you using for building and running the app?

This is Ubuntu 20.04, with Ubuntu's cross-arch arm-linux-gnueabihf
libraries used for the link. So the libc is
libc6-armhf-cross                             2.31-0ubuntu9.9cross1

> Would it be possible that you provide me these libs and the app you created?
> Then, I could try to reproduce this good behavior on my side and discard
> possible issues in my environment.

The compiled binary is at
https://people.linaro.org/~peter.maydell/timertest

-- PMM