qemu-arm

Re: [qemu-arm-static] timer_delete issue from Qemu 5.0.0 onwards

From: Jon Alduan
Subject: Re: [qemu-arm-static] timer_delete issue from Qemu 5.0.0 onwards
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 14:22:24 +0200

Hi Peter,

I already did that with my application, here I send you the output of strace you requested using the application delivered by you.

# /home/git/qemu/build/qemu-arm -version
qemu-arm version 7.0.50 (v7.0.0-2690-gd48125de38)
Copyright (c) 2003-2022 Fabrice Bellard and the QEMU Project developers

Thanks
Jon

El jue, 21 jul 2022 a las 12:43, Peter Maydell (<peter.maydell@linaro.org>) escribió:
On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 at 16:19, Jon Alduan <jon.alduan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok. Did you try out the qemu-arm-static_500 I provided?
>
> I have no clue what else we can check for. I tested It on WSL2 with kernel versions 5.4 and 5.10 and also on a VM with 5.13. Same issue everywhere.
> Could It be the difference, that I am running Linux on virtual envoronments and you on a real Linux system?
> Could this fact influence qemu behavior?

Maybe. Anyway, can you try this?

(1) Build current head-of-git QEMU from source, and check the bug is still
    present. (I expect it will be, because we have made no changes in
    this area since 7.0.)

(2) With that QEMU, gather strace output from both QEMU itself, and
    from the host kernel, like this:

    path/to/qemu-arm -strace -D qemu-strace.txt timertest

    strace -f -tt -o host-strace.txt path/to/qemu-arm timertest

    and send me the resulting qemu-strace.txt and host-strace.txt logs.

Hopefully those logs will have enough information that we can figure
out what's going wrong on your system.

thanks
-- PMM

--