qemu-arm

Re: [PULL 11/20] target/arm: Don't mishandle count when enabling or disa

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [PULL 11/20] target/arm: Don't mishandle count when enabling or disabling PMU counters
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 11:50:02 +0100

On Tue, 20 Sept 2022 at 17:45, Thomas Huth <thuth@redhat.com> wrote:
> this seems to break some Avocado based test(s) in our CI:
>
>   make check-venv
>   ./tests/venv/bin/avocado run
> tests/avocado/replay_kernel.py:ReplayKernelNormal.test_aarch64_virt
>
> ... fails with commit 01765386a88868ae993bcb but still passes
> with the preceeding commit. Could you please have a look?

Thanks for the report. I can reproduce it, it seems to happen
with all kinds of icount, not specifically with record-replay.
We hit the "Bad icount read" exit in icount_get_raw_locked().
I'll investigate further.

(Rather unhelpfully, the avocado framework has ignored the fact
that the QEMU process exited with an non-zero status, has
failed to log the "Bad icount read" message in the log, and
has only failed the test for hitting the 120s timeout :-( )

thanks
-- PMM