Re: [PULL v2 00/14] Block layer patches

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [PULL v2 00/14] Block layer patches
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 12:32:38 +0000

On Mon, 22 Jan 2024 at 11:22, Kevin Wolf <kwolf@redhat.com> wrote:

> The following changes since commit 3f2a357b95845ea0bf7463eff6661e43b97d1afc:
>
>   Merge tag 'hw-cpus-20240119' of https://github.com/philmd/qemu into staging
> (2024-01-19 11:39:38 +0000)
>
> are available in the Git repository at:
>
>   https://repo.or.cz/qemu/kevin.git tags/for-upstream
>
> for you to fetch changes up to c14962c3ea6f0998d028142ed14affcb9dfccf28:
>
>   block/blklogwrites: Protect mutable driver state with a mutex. (2024-01-22
> 12:16:26 +0100)

> Block layer patches
>
> - virtio-blk: Multiqueue fixes and cleanups
> - blklogwrites: Fixes for write_zeroes and superblock update races
> - commit/stream: Allow users to request only format driver names in
>   backing file format
> - monitor: only run coroutine commands in qemu_aio_context

This seems to be consistently failing on the
ubuntu-20.04-s390x-all job, though not always for the
same exact test failure:

https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/6009661151
   -- timeouts in various tests and iotests
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/6003367403
   -- test run hit the 75m job timeout
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/5999451175
   -- timeout on test-replication and an error in an iotest
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/5993334498
   -- timeout on test-replication and in an iotest

Similarly from an earlier attempt at merge when I was testing
this pullreq together with a different one:
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/5984802405
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/5983419166
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/5982308583

The job passed OK on the merge that became current head-of-git:
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/5990993136

thanks
-- PMM