qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] clean-ups?

From: Johan Rydberg
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] clean-ups?
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:53:03 +0200

Fabrice Bellard <address@hidden> wrote:

: Suppressing all #ifdefs (in particular in cpu-exec.c) will be
: impossible.

I can not see why so much target-dependent function must be put in
cpu-exec.c.  I see, for example, no need for the cpu_x86_load_seg.
That could as easily be put in a target-dependent file.

Almost everything target-dependent can be defined and put in a
target header, in similar way that GCC, GDB and other GNU utils does
it.  And instead of testing for target, you may test for the
perticular feature.  The preprocessor is very handy, as I know you know.

: But I agree that in many cases it is possible. An important
: point I want to solve is how to build for several target CPUs at once
: (it is very important for easier regression testing). My current idea is
: to build qemu several times and to output object files in separate
: directories (for example the target specifics ones you mention). Then
: you will have several executables: qemu-i386, qemu-arm, qemu-ppc in the
: main directory.

I would like to see you crack that nut in a nice manner. :)
Maybe it is just better to write some script that does several different
builds and does the testing.

: Fabrice.

--
Johan Rydberg, Free Software Developer, Sweden
http://rtmk.sf.net | http://www.nongnu.org/guss/

Playing The Supermen Lovers - Starlight