qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] CVS notes...

From: Gwenole Beauchesne
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] CVS notes...
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:35:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Jocelyn Mayer wrote:

> times ago, then I will be able to send my (big) patch to Fabrice. If
> you'd like to help me and have some notions about IEEE floats, maybe you
> could make some generic helpers for float ops emulation ?

I would like but I don't even have enough time to work on my own JIT.

BTW, if you have user emulation working, you can run SheepShaver as it
requires no kernel module at all, except sheepnet if you want some
network. However, it only emulates MacOS 8.6 at most for now.

Note that SheepShaver won't work if it is statically linked last time I
checked.

> This would be great ! Another thing to do is to point differences
> between common PPC chips and the spec, so qemu would be able to emulate
> "real" PPC chips. I think PPC 603 and G3 would be a good start.

Yes, 750 or 74xx if you want Altivec support.