qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU regressions ...

From: Herbert Poetzl
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU regressions ...
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:18:02 +0100

Hi Fabrice!

I'm using QEMU to do kernel development, and because
one of the older redhat kernels, continuously core
dups qemu, I thought, I'll check the cvs version ...

the checkconfig works well, but then the trouble starts ...

  texi2html -monolithic -number qemu-doc.texi
  make: texi2html: Command not found

I don't use texi2html, and I don't want the docu to
be built, so I replace the command with a noop
(actually touch qemu-doc.html)

this seems to do the trick, as the compile runs, and
completes without too many warnings ...

then I wanted to test the vl command, but instead I
discovered that same command wasn't built ...

I tried make vl, and ideed, something happened:

  gcc -Wall -O2 -g  -g  vl.c   -o vl
  vl.c:47:17: cpu.h: No such file or directory
  In file included from vl.c:49:
  thunk.h:24:20: config.h: No such file or directory
  make: *** [vl] Error 1

did you abandon the vl utility? is there any 'good'
reason for not using it? please advise ...

TIA,
Herbert