qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Roadmap for adding non-x86 system mode emulation suppor

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Roadmap for adding non-x86 system mode emulation support?
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 00:10:49 +0100

Chad Page wrote:
        I'd still like to get a feel for what's needed to make that work -
I'm itching to get it working on my iBook, and would like to help.

If you speak about emulating a PC on linux-ppc, I am working on it, so it will be available in the next release, at least in soft MMU mode.

        Also I'd like to precache libraries... just having glibc and
winelib preconverted would help startup times quite a bit.

It can be difficult to do. There is still much room for improving the dynamic translator. I am thinking about adding a real code generator, at least for the PowerPC and ARM cases.

Fabrice.