qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU disk geometry sizes

From: TSUME
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU disk geometry sizes
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:11:41 -0800

Hello everybody!

I'm curious why qemu works fine on disk sizes of about 20G, but when I
create 100G sized images it gives a wrong number in BIOS.
When I create a 400G image, the boot screen says my size is.. -11423..MB

When I get freebsd installed, it sees my drive as 400G at first, until I
fsck at boot. Then it changes the drive geometry to 11 TB(I wish)

Is this a bug or does qemu have limitation?

Thank you in advance,
TSUME