qemu-devel

Fwd: [Qemu-devel] Merge qemu android

From: Bastien ROUCARIES
Subject: Fwd: [Qemu-devel] Merge qemu android
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:44:49 +0100

Forget to cc

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 11:40 PM, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
On 01/21/2010 10:27 AM, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
Hi,

What is the step in order to get qemu android merged mainline ?

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/external/qemu.git;a=summary

Send patches.

It's very difficult to merge downstream code unless that entire downstream is committed to working through upstream.  I'd suggest encouraging the Android developers to commit to pushing all of the functionality upstream before going down this path.

I know but the code base is really different they use 0.8.2 as a base, and i was thinking of porting to upstream.
They use also craps like sdl :S

I think a total rewritte will be better .

How can incremently add a new arch to qemu or a new plateform ?

Bastien

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Regards