qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu Unix-Signals

From: Moese, Michael
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu Unix-Signals
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 09:21:38 +0000

> I think your best bet is to ask GreenSocs if you need support for this
> codebase.

I think you'd be right when you point me to GreenSocs, but.. they don't seem to
support all this anymore.

> This is really ancient in QEMU terms, and how the internals work has changed
> enormously since then.

Given I'd port their work over to a current QEMU source tree, would it be save
then to use a signal, like SIGUSR2?
I cannot find any use of these signals in the (old) sources, but I want to be
sure not to add unwanted side effects
when I just change the signal handler in my initialization code.
The differences seem to be only in some files of the sources, maybe I can port
this stuff over to the current version,
as this might be useful not only to me for my thesis right now but to some
other developer for hardware-software-
co-simulation.

Thank you,
Michael