qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] uhci: cancel delay for unregistered queues

From: Hans de Goede
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] uhci: cancel delay for unregistered queues
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 12:20:59 +0200

Hi,

On 02/14/2013 01:23 PM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
   Hi,

The only fix I can think of is allocating a receive buffer inside
the UHCI code for read transfers, and copy the result over to the
guest memory when we are re-scanning the schedule, encounter the
completed td and are going to signal its completion to the guest.

I could take a shot at writing a patch with the proposed fix, but I
was sort of waiting on a reaction on the proposal first.

Gerd what do you think of my proposed fix ?

That should fix it indeed.  Yes, for uhci we can live with the overhead,
it's low bandwidth anyway.  No, I don't have a better idea.  Patch is
very welcome.

Ok, so a bit late I must admit, but I've finally gotten around to writing
the promised fix for this.

I'm going to send it right after this mail.

Jan, can you give it a spin and see if it fixes your issue ?

Regards,

Hans