qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] latest qemu with gdb remote not working

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] latest qemu with gdb remote not working
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 10:27:42 +0100

On 2 June 2013 06:46, Peter Cheung <address@hidden> wrote:
>     I just tried to compile the latest qemu on Fedora 18 64 bits,
> it is also fail. When i press "c" in gdb, the qemu won't start
> running.

Good. This significantly increases the chances that somebody
will investigate.

> But one thing fedora is different than mac, when i connect gdb to qemu, it
> won't say "warning: Error 268435459 getting port names from mach_port_names"

That looks like a Mac GDB specific issue.

> In my mac, i use gcc from mac port, here is the version detail:
>
> /Users/peter>gcc -v

> gcc version 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5658) (LLVM build 2336.1.00)

This is pretty ancient -- I'd suggest using clang to build
QEMU instead. (It probably won't fix your problem here, though.)

What command line are you using to configure and build QEMU?

thanks
-- PMM