qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] virsh live migration with non-shared storage fails with err

From: chandrashekar shastri
Subject: [Qemu-devel] virsh live migration with non-shared storage fails with error as vm is not running
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 20:51:55 +0530

Hi All,

We are testing the upstream KVM with :

Kernel, Qemu, Libvirt, Virt-Manager is built from the source (git).

kernel version : 3.9.0+
qemu version : QEMU emulator version 1.5.0
libvirt version : 1.0.5
virt-install : 0.600.3

I have followed the below steps to test the "Live migration w/o shared storage" feature :

1. Created the qemu-img create -f qcow2 vm.qcow2 12G on the destination host which is same as the source.
2. Started the guest on the source
3. Started the vncdisplay to monitor the guest
4. Initiated the migration "virsh migrate --live rhel64-64 qemu+ssh://9.126.89.202/system --verbose --copy-storage-all"
5. It started the copying the storage from souce to destination (conitinously monitored it was growing)
6. Guest on the destination was paused and was running on the source
7. At some point the VM on the source shutdown and got an error on the vnc display as " Viewport:    write: Broken pipe (32)" and the VM on the destination was undefined.

I have attached the dedug log of libvirt, please let me with your comments.

Thanks,
Chandrashekar