qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 06/10] configure: dtc: Probe for libfdt_env.h

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 06/10] configure: dtc: Probe for libfdt_env.h
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 00:44:02 +0100

On 18 June 2013 00:24, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
> As far as I can see, 1.3.0 is the latest available stable dtc version,
> and it doesn't install libfdt_env.h yet apparently. Any chance we can
> restore build with dtc 1.3.0 tarball (it used to work fine) while
> keeping newer versions working?

I wanted to keep things simple, ie just require a distro
version of libfdt to be installed the way upstream say it
should be, rather than second-guessing whether a broken
libfdt is or isn't going to work with our libfdt_env.h.
Also, a lot of people out there are probably going to end
up building against the submodule libfdt, so it's helpful
to have at least some of the qemu developers building that
way too...

> Also it seems that dtc submodule build is not multithreading-safe:

...it helps reveal bugs like this one before release
rather than afterwards. I'm having trouble figuring out
why it doesn't work, though (I usually run with at least
j3 and it's fine, plus the makefile rules are pretty
simple) -- can you reproduce with V=1 so we can see what
commands are actually being run?

thanks
-- PMM