qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Support for using TCG frontend as a library

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Support for using TCG frontend as a library
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 15:33:23 +0200

> On 1 Dec 2016, at 14:38, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> ... clean up QEMU's code so
> that it is less interdependent ...

that's a good idea anyway, but this does not address the current issue.

if I'd have a separate library with ARM TCG, for Cortex-M emulation I'd
probably write a simple memory management routine, to address flash, ram &
peripherals and with an equally simple variant of the peripheral implementation
I'd be done. no need to handle MMU, no need to worry about VM, KVM,
save/restore objects, monitor, etc (actually no need for the complicated
objects implementation at all).

regards,

Liviu