qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU Advent Calendar 2016

From: Ingve Vormestrand
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Advent Calendar 2016
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 15:24:27 +0100

Hi! First of all, QEMU rocks!

I'm from the IncludeOS project, and QEMU is, without a doubt, one of our
favourite tools! (If you haven't heard about IncludeOS, it is an open
source unikernel operating system written in modern C++ (you can find out
more about the project at http://includeos.org/ and
https://github.com/hioa-cs/IncludeOS or see a very well received
presentation at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4etEwG2_LY from this
year's CppCon).

One of the demo applications for IncludeOS is Acorn, a self-contained web
server that includes its own OS, can serve static content, handle REST
requests and provide an interactive real-time dashboard. The source is
available at https://github.com/includeos/acorn and there is a live preview
running at http://acorn2.unofficial.includeos.io/

We frequently distribute Acorn demos as QEMU images, and we thought that
maybe this could be a candidate for inclusion in your advent calendar?

Let me know if this is of interest to you or if you need further
information!

Ingve