qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] aarch64-linux-user compilation error

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] aarch64-linux-user compilation error
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 22:59:07 +0000

On 11 December 2016 at 19:09, Pranith Kumar <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am getting a strange compilation error lately for aarch64-linux-user. I
> think it is somehow related to TYPE_PTRVOID handling but my investigation has
> not led to anything concrete. I think this is a compiler error since the build
> passes on an other system with gcc-6.

> Error:
> /home/pranith/devops/code/qemu/linux-user/ioctls.h:224:9: error:
> ‘SNDCTL_DSP_MAPINBUF’ undeclared here (not in a function)
>    IOCTL(SNDCTL_DSP_MAPINBUF, IOC_R, MK_PTR(MK_STRUCT(STRUCT_buffmem_desc)))
>          ^

SNDCTL_DSP_MAPINBUF is supposed to be defined by your system
headers (/usr/include/linux/soundcard.h or equivalent).
Similarly for SNDCTL_DSP_MAPOUTBUF and SOUND_MIXER_ACCESS.

Looking at QEMU's git history we've used these symbols
for years. I would check whether your system headers
are actually providing these symbols (and that the
compiler is really putting the right headers on the
include path).

thanks
-- PMM