qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] experience with SDL2, event loop & main thread

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] experience with SDL2, event loop & main thread
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 12:20:23 +0200

> On 12 Dec 2016, at 11:39, Fam Zheng <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> ... I myself know next to nothing about SDL project.

ok, neither do I.

do you have any comments on the current situation of the SDL integration in
QEMU? any comments on the conclusions I reached after integrating SDL2 into GNU
ARM Eclipse QEMU?

personally I do not like at all polling the SDL loop every 10 ms on a timer,
but I currently have no other solution. I tried to move the I/O loop on a
separate thread, but the Windows implementation of `poll` works only on the
main thread.

regards,

Liviu