qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] regression in 2.8: unable to exit screen grab in SDL mo

From: Howard Spoelstra
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] regression in 2.8: unable to exit screen grab in SDL mode
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 10:21:59 +0100

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 16.12.2016 um 09:26 hat Thomas Huth geschrieben:

>> It's maybe not as common as the GTK interface, but as far as I know
>> people still use the SDL interface. For example here:
>>
>>  https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/922076
>>
>> ... so I would recommend to keep the SDL code in QEMU.
>
> When I actualy use qemu rather than just doing a quick test, I generally
> prefer SDL, too, because the GTK frontend still grabs some keys like F10
> for itself instead of passing them to the guest. And using HMP for
> something as simple as that - no, thanks.
>
> Kevin

I'd like to also point to the recent status report by Stefan Weil
concerning UI support in Windows builds:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-12/msg01383.html

At least for PPC Mac OS/OSX guests only the SDL1.2 UI is somewhat
usable, GTK2/3, SDL2 and VNC are all problematic.

Best,
Howard