qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC/POC PATCH 0/4] Building TCG tests with emdebian cr

From: Marc-André Lureau
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC/POC PATCH 0/4] Building TCG tests with emdebian cross compilers
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 06:09:34 -0500 (EST)

Hi

----- Original Message -----
> Hi Pranith,
>
> Here is a proof-of-concept series for you to consider rolling into the TCG
> tests
> cleanup. It uses the existing docker make machinery to build a Debian
> image which has arm, arm64 and ppc64el cross compilers in it. Now if
> you run:
>
>   make arm-tcg-tests
>
> It will do the requisite build of the docker image and then use that
> to build the TCG tests in the appropriate build directory.
>
> These apply on top of your existing series. There is also a quick hack
> to disable the running of the tests by default. I think we need two
> stages, maybe a build-FOO-tcg-tests and run-FOO-tcg-tests.
>
> What do you think?

I like the idea, as long as you can also run the tcg tests without docker. How
many of the qemu archs debian cross tools support? last time I looked there was
annoying limitations, but I can't remember the details.

crosstool-ng has perhaps more potential, especially if devs would share their
config/samples (we could then have a cross-distro packaging with flatpack?)