qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [libvirt] Cannot add iothreads label in libvirt xml con

From: Daniel P. Berrange
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [libvirt] Cannot add iothreads label in libvirt xml configuration file
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 09:33:11 +0000

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 12:11:51PM -0500, Weiwei Jia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot add iothreads
> (https://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsIOThreadsAllocation) in
> the libvirt xml configuration file. Once I add
> "<iothreads>4</iothreads>" and other related config for IOthreads into
> the libvirt xml configuration file with virsh command and save it,
> these iothreads related configuration will disappear after I open
> libvirt xml configuration file again for double-check.

If XML disappears after saving it, this usually indicates that either you
made a mistake and used the wrong XML element or in the wrong place, or
that your libvirt version is too old to support it. You can use the
virt-xml-validate too to verify your XML file against the schema for
your installed version of libvirt, which will report any errrors.

Regards,
Daniel
|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|