qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virus in colibriOS QEMU iso?

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virus in colibriOS QEMU iso?
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 09:30:30 +0100

On 22.12.2016 18:37, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi, just letting you know that Avira found some crypto-locker virus in
> ColibriOS iso that you featured in QEMU Advent Calendar 2016. Maybe you
> should look into that. I am not sure if it’s a false positive or not.. You
> can check the attachment for a screenshot  of the result.

That sounds ugly ... I think we just packaged the .iso from the official
KolibriOS website here (Kashyap, can you confirm?), so if this is not
just a false positive, the problem very likely comes from there.
If you've got some spare minutes, could you maybe check the download
from http://kolibrios.org/en/download , too?

As far as I can see, there should not be any real danger here unless you
put the .iso file onto a real CD-ROM or USB stick and start the .exe
files in there (which is of course not necessary for starting a VM with
the .iso file). But anyway, this needs some closer investigation, to see
whether it's a false positive or not, so I've disabled that download for
now. We'll let you know when we know more ... Thanks for reporting the
issue!

 Thomas